Our research is distinctive because:
- We are experts in all major economic infrastructure sectors (energy, transport, water, digital communications) and the interdependencies between them
- We analyse the performance of infrastructure systems and the services that they deliver to people, the economy and the environment. We are experts in systems analysis.
- We study the interactions between infrastructure, people, the economy and the environment. We are committed to the three pillars of sustainability: environment, economy and society.
- We conduct analysis at a range of spatial scales, up to global scales, using diverse big datasets.
- We quantify the risks from climate extremes to infrastructure systems and use that information to prioritise adaptation, finance and disaster risk management.
- We are focussed upon improving decision making. We are experts in methodologies for decision making under uncertainty.
- We are committed to open source codes and open data –>